For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Adam Brown Tennis Academy of Gleneagles Arena and Gannochy National Tennis Centre, University of Stirling.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you register for coaching or enter competitions, when you make enquiries on our website;
- From someone else who has registered on your behalf (for example a family member who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose);
- From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our Venue).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other Venue facilities).
- We also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of your registration and booking, including:
- informing you about changes to the coaching block;
- informing you of upcoming coaching blocks and other tennis activities;
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis with the Adam Brown Tennis Academy;
- Communication about our Venue activities that we think may be of interest to you;
- Storing your details on the software platform we use for our Academy management database.
Promoting our Academy and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching courses, and organisers of tennis events) where we think this will be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a customer of the Adam Brown Tennis Academy. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts.
- Customer related mailings such as your booking reminders, information about venue closures and holiday opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our coaches and volunteers, for the purposes of safety (e.g. medical details).
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: 07525 350572
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.